What Is Stump Grinding?
Stump grinding is the process of cutting a tree stump into small pieces using a stump grinder.
A stump grinder uses a spinning carbide-tipped steel wheel to grind the stump down, leaving fine sawdust as a residue. The operator guides the steel cutting wheel over the stump as the blade grinds it into small pieces.
Unlike stump removal which involves removing both the stump and the roots, stump grinding only chews away at the stump without removing the root. However, stump grinding can remove some of a tree’s roots in cases where the grinding is done deep below the soil surface. A stump can be ground just one inch below the soil level or up to 20 inches below the ground.
What Are the Advantages of Stump Grinding?
- It is quick and efficient: Stump grinding is much less intensive as compared to stump removal, so it doesn’t take much time. However, the kind of stump grinding company you hire for the job will determine how quick and efficient the process will be.
- Minimal damage to your lawn: Unlike stump removal which may cause significant damage to your lawn as it involves removing roots, stump grinding eliminates the stump while providing a greater level of neatness to your lawn. Furthermore, removing tree stumps from your yard instantly improves the look of your property. This can be a plus when it's time to put your home on the market.
- Protect against pests and diseases: Decaying tree stumps can attract all kinds of creepy crawlers, including beetles, rodents, termites, wood borers, ants, and many more. Leaving a stump sitting on your yard is an easy way of attracting pests and diseases. By getting rid of tree stumps, you are preventing a potential infestation in your home.
- Lower cost: The cost of stump grinding is lower than that of stump removal because grinding a stump is less labor-intensive and takes less time. However, there are many other factors that determine the cost of stump grinding, including soil type, the size of stump, the location of the stump, and other factors. The cost of stump grinding is considerably lower than that of stump removal.
Why Choose Southern Star Stump for Stump Grinding in Your Property
- We are equipped with advanced stump grinders to get the job done efficiently.
- We provide upfront pricing so that you know what to expect when it comes to stump grinding cost.
- We treat your property with respect.
- We have a proven track record in stump grinding.
Call Southern Star Stump If You Are in Need of Stump Grinding
Stump grinding is a job that should be left to a reputable stump grinding company because it is a dangerous process that poses a high risk of injury.
Handling a stump grinder requires that you have the know-how and experience; otherwise you'll end up getting injured in the process. Whatever you do, you should never think of going the DIY route when it comes to stump grinding.
If you’re looking for a reliable stump grinding company to help you get rid of the stumps in your property, look no further than Southern Star Stump.